Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Week 2 of VFS

"No more for me, thanks, I'm driving. -whump!-" -Daffy Duck

A few of us were sitting around in the common room and discussing classes. We came up with this list of homework: written scene breakdown and evaluation of a movie, acquire two movie trailers for Editing, 3D pendulum animation, 2D bouncing ball keys and breakdowns, detailed character designs, generic sketching, 5 object multiview clean ups, 5 object measurement document, 3D bike model, 3D shader exercise, and day and night scene lighting. I have a feeling I'm still forgetting some things, but you get the idea.


That being said, I'm looking for some critique on my daylight scene. This scene is not textured with a few exceptions, but do let me know if there is a distracting texture.


I've also got some sketches from Design 1. The class is currently working on project Snack Shack where we have to use urban vinyl and a style guide set by our teams to create one human and one robot character, one of which is the owner of a street food cart. Here are just a few of my preliminary designs for each character.







More developed versions are due for both next week, so I'll be uploading those as I finish them.

I also finally got a chance to composite my last render of the Desert Helmet scene. While the "finished" product isn't something I'm satisfied with, I find it interesting to look at the huge difference between my first version of the project and take 2 and 3. Check it out.




I already have problems with my latest version, but alas, my license has expired again and I have yet to take care of that. The good news is, I learned a lot in my Shader class today and already have ideas for how to fix this.

It's time now to sleep so I can get up early and start on that homework. Good night to everyone and GO CANUCKS!

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment