Saturday, February 26, 2011

Busy or Absent Minded? You be the judge!

"I've been in captivity for three months. There are two things I want to do. One, I want an American cheeseburger, and the other... " -Iron Man

Overdue update on that commission that I finished two weeks ago! It's done!

Check it out on my DA account.

I blame the "discussions" on "a forum" that I visit for distracting me. I've actually been drawing a lot more recently thanks to joining a Daily Sketch guild on said forums. Here's yesterday's piece for the topic "portrait":


This is one of the few I was inspired to put time into and try something different with. No lines! OMG! I really like how the face turned out, although the ear still bothers me. The rest of my sketches are on my DA account in the scraps section. I may just start posting them here though.

Or I might start posting stuff for this: Illustration Friday.

What else? Oh, I finally figured out how to make Maya export OBJs and FBXs again. Apparently it will sometimes turn off that feature in the plug-ins section at random. Either that or Loki (that's my PC's name) is screwing with my head.

I'm working on a redesign of an old project of mine, Tales from the Broken Stone. I had a friend/awesome alumni who works at Dreamworks give me a little critique, and now I'm trying to make some of the corrections. One being that he couldn't tell what the helmet was supposed to be made of. Here's a shot of what I've got so far. (BTW extra critique is always welcome!)


Textured with Mudbox 2010 for once! I may need to up my actual poly count for this scene, though, since the normal mapping gets a little lost in the low poly version. Now I just need to make touch ups in Photoshop and tweak the reflectivity of everything. Then it's on to the rest of the scene.

And now I have to touch up 34 pictures of a cat for my roommate. T____T I miss Timon so much!

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment