Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hiddleston is the Corinthian

"You disappoint me, Corinthian... You were my masterpiece, or so I thought. A nightmare created to be the darkness, and the fear of darkness in every human heart. A black mirror, made to reflect everything about itself that humanity will not confront. But look at you." -The Sandman


I've decided to attend the Saturday ZBrush sessions regularly both to help students with it and to improve my own sculpting skills. I'm getting back into that mode where I find sculpting relaxing and fulfilling when I can think of something interesting to sculpt.

This week's theme was "something fo Halloween" so I decided to turn Tom Hiddleston into the Corinthian from The Sandman. If ever this became a real thing, he would be perfect for the part--just look at that smile!


This sculpt took about 4 hours to get to this point including setting up reference and figuring out how to do the teeth. The teeth alone probably took an hour just to try in the shadowbox, figure out it wasn't working, create a base in Maya, and then figure out how to quickly duplicate and warp in ZBrush again. XD

I might finish it next week, or I may start something different. I'd like to take this to completion, but I suppose it depends on how I'm feeling next week. Perhaps I should finish it....

Cheers!

-Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment