Thursday, November 24, 2011

Traditional Sculpts and Matte Painting

"Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold now the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!" -Wrathgate Cinematic, World of Warcraft


It's a bit of a delayed update, and incomplete at that, but here are some non-3D projects I finished last month. I'm happy with the results of my first matte painting, and even the 3D version is pretty cool. I might try it again some time.

  The Medusa sculpt is waiting for the finishing touches on her paint job, but here's the finished sculpt.

We've also started a human figure in sculpting class that we need to take from skeleton to muscle to skin to create a character of our choice. Yes, I am making a zombie. Big surprise, I know.

That about wraps up the non-demo reel projects (besides the 3D medusa-self, which will get its own page). If I have free time I'll be working on something for the World of Warcraft Student Modeling Competition, so wish me luck with that.

1 comment: