Saturday, November 13, 2010

More hours in the Day?

Unbelievably, in the past few days I've been able to do a few other things besides freaking out about the upcoming capstone class presentation, etc. I actually picked up the new Wheel of Time book (a great read if you like long descriptions and mental monologues) and have been face first in it most of the day. I also made time to make a lava punk concept. Take a look!


I took a break from reading my book to check out my favorite online comics (Machismo, Unsounded, Oots, and anything by these guys) which then lead me to some of the artist's blogs. Some of these guys draw all the time and will post all sorts of cool random stuff. So! I am resolving to post random drawings or something finished once a week. Here's this week's:

If I weren't so cold from the terrible weather, that's exactly what I would be eating now.

I've been really conscious about drawing "anime-style" stuff because people keep telling me I'll get stuck drawing like that. Honestly though, it's great for getting random doodlings out of my head and on paper. AND I know I can do realistic stuff if I'm feeling serious enough. I just miss the good feelings I get from drawing all the time.

Actually, I've been thinking of drawing a few scenes from the new WoT: Ituralde's battle with the Trollocs, or perhaps something with Egwene or Mat. I've also considered attempting one of the cities... but that will take some heavy thought and re-reading to get right.

Oh, and one last note of pride for this past week:


I finished my ring project! It may not be professional quality, but I love the thing, darn it, and I intend to wear it until it wears out. The class is a pain though.

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment